5 More Habits to Help Improve Your Mindset
Here are five more habits you can try to help improve your mindset. Each of these has other benefits in addition to its effects on your mindset. Any of these will help you improve your life overall. They will also help you cultivate your growth mindset. Don’t think you need to attempt all of them; try a few and see which ones work for you.
- Eat healthy food Food is fuel for the body and the mind. What you eat affects how much energy you have, how well you can focus, and your overall mood. Make a habit of eating healthy food and you’ll be rewarded with better health and a better mindset. This doesn’t mean you should never eat junk food, but it should be a rare occasion.
- Start an exercise habit Exercise is good for you in so many ways and has profound, positive effects on your mindset as well. Occasional exercise will help you improve your mindset but making it into a habit is better. You don’t need to train for a marathon. Get in the habit of taking a daily walk, go swimming, take up yoga or another gentle workout like tai chi, or do anything else that appeals to you. The main criteria is that you make it into a regular habit, at least several days a week.
- Prioritize sleep Nothing makes you feel better than a good night’s sleep. And nothing makes you feel worse than a bad one. Most people in the modern world are chronically sleep-deprived. If you want to cultivate a growth mindset, don’t be one of them. Prioritize getting a good night’s sleep every night. Aim for 7-9 hours every night and you’ll be refreshed and ready to go the next day.
- Take regular breaks from social media Social media is fun and lets you connect with friends, but it has a downside. Too much social media lowers your self-esteem and makes you more prone to depression. It’s all too easy to forget that most social media posts are people’s highlights and not their daily lives.
- Do something creative Creativity is one of the most necessary yet often neglected aspects of being a well-round person. The challenge involved in it will make you grow and improve your mindset. Aim to do something creative every day, or at least several times a week. Write, color, paint, draw, play a musical instrument -the options are endless.